Simple Tips To Make Your Move Easier
- Store most valuable items to rear of unit.
- Do not store combustible items such as gas cans, propane tanks, and other items.
- Make an inventory of the items you store.
- Fill boxes to capacity to prevent tipping and collapse.
- Use furniture and mattress covers for protection.
- Seal boxes with tape.
- Label all boxes for easier reference.
- Never store food or toxic items.
- Always use a disc lock which you can purchase from our office at move-in. → OR Cylinder Locks
- Print your name, address, and phone number on at least one item in storage.
Protect Your Things
- Do NOT store wet items. Watch the weather. If it is raining when moving your things, they will be wet. This will cause mold and mildew if stored over a period of time.
- Do NOT store ANY food items. NO human or PET foods. NO birdseed or grains of any sort. These will attract rodents.
- Do NOT put porous items (leather, wood, fabric, paper, etc.) directly on concrete.
- Do NOT seal items in plastic wrap. This will retain moisture from the humidity and will cause mold and mildew.
- Do NOT store dangerous, chemical, toxic, or odorous items. NO MOTHBALLS. These are a nuisance and you are liable for damages.
- Do NOT store liquid items that may spill and/or seep into your neighbor's unit. This is a nuisance and you are liable for damages.